Monday, May 19, 2008

Victoria Day

I love long weekends, especially when I am working for a 'wage' ... BUT there is a HUGE downside around here ... the fireworks! I do love them, they hold such a romantic quality, however, I have a dog ... a lovely, small, white bichon, who was my baby for the first 10 and a half years of our marriage, who DRIVES ME CRAZY on these long weekends! It is not his fault ... he has HIGH anxiety when in comes to loud cracks (thunder and fireworks mostly) and displays it by panting, trembling and quite often ... incontinence AND that, I can't take! So, tonight as I sit and enjoy a glass of wine while I blog, he and my husband are somewhere deep in the recesses of the basement trying to hide from the noise ... I wish them luck!
While we're in the basement, I need to share the next 'issue' ... the furnace! It appears to not be working! Now, the weather is expected to improve by the middle of the week ... so ... what do we do in the meantime? Could we actually try to get away without heat for the next three days? We do have the fireplaces and a couple of space heaters???? I will ponder that over the next 24 hours and see what I can come up with ... in the meantime, if you have any suggestions ....
So, today was sunny enough, but still cold. We did manage to get out a bit ... we took Cadence to school to hang out in the gym and run around the halls while Sean reorganized his classroom. We spent some time outside painting on the driveway and really just hung out ... nothing out of the ordinary. Next weekend we are looking forward to heading to Oakville to meet up with our travelmates ... we can't wait! I am dying to see how the girls look after 8 long months ... be sure to check back for those photos!!! Oh, definitely a reason to make that next purchase (to heck with the furnace I say!).
It is amazing how I can read all about Cadence's expected milestones and 'troubles' and how they can suddenly appear ... immediately! For example, yesterday she began to attempt to climb out of the crib. She is also growling alot more when something doesn't appeal to her or she has no interest in complying with our requests ... yep, she is definitely, without doubt a typical toddler ... yay for us!
Well, that really is all I can think of right now ... here are my 5 favourite photos for the weekend:




1 comment:

PennyWolfe said...

Oh they are all so cute! I completely forgot you guys were all meeting up! Take lots of pictures. I can't wait to see them!! And in two short months, we'll be there! Wahoo! Another reunion! LOL!!