Thursday, May 8, 2008

Toy Banishment

I have now removed all hard edge toys from the chest in the great room ... which is pretty much ALL of the toys ... at least the good toys!  They are safely stored in Cadence's new makeshift playroom in the basement where she can jump, run, spill and throw things to her heart's content!  She still has books and some things to enjoy upstairs as well as the foam blocks I've just ordered from Costco ... that and the tv!  I think this is going to work out well for all of us ... I'll be less stressed about obsessing over the clutter that one views upon entering our home, Cadence can have full run of the basement with no fear of damage and daddy and mommy can really escape when the other is playing with her in the basement!  

Today was cold!!!  Yep ... blame the weather on us ... it was pool opening day!  What a joke! Cadence, as I predicted, was immediately drawn to the water!  The life jacket is going on tomorrow the second she steps off the deck!  We are in for a battle, but it is for her safety and it is a fight we are willing to take on!

We took Cadence out to dinner tonight ... she was on fire with personality!  High fives were flying everywhere, she was answering the waitress VERY enthusiastically and flirting with all of the customers.  Our server thought she was 'hilarious' ... and well dressed (looking like a GAP ad) ... well, duh!!!  Let's just say, she got a great tip ... loving my baby goes a long way!

Gosh how I wish I had photos to share ... do you actually read this stuff????

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading about your family stories. Sounds like Cadence is going to have some fun!

PennyWolfe said...

Yes, I do read this stuff. LOL!! How I'd love to finish the basement or turn the den into a play room but alas, the two girls rule the house so we have toys in every room. Our front coat closet is the toy closet. We have been taken over!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debs - yes, I read your blog! It's nice to keep up to date with how you guys are and what you're up to, at least until we next visit Barrie!

Love to all,
Caroline x