Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day Two ...

Cadence and I spent the day as nomads ... displaced from our home once again. She spent the first couple of hours with her little friends at Sandy's and then we headed out to meet the gang of Tots at Play. I have some photos I was hoping to share but my camera or computer is not cooperating!!! I'm secretly hoping it's the camera ... this would force me to HAVE to purchase a new one ... something I've been dying to do, but amazingly have resisted ... trying a new thing ... being practical (which is absolutely NO fun I might add!). From there we headed out to purchase some chemicals and then had a lunch date together. I was planning to take Cadence down to the waterfront for a walk (and hopefully a nap), but she actually didn't make it! I ended up parking by the water ... with dozens of seniors ... and actually pulled out a trashy novel I haven't been able to pick up for months. Truthfully, I could have fallen asleep myself. Cadence crashed for a full hour and then we headed home to check on the progress ...
Our guy was just doing some final touch ups to the trim so we headed out to the park for a little while. Once home, I attempted placing furniture back in their spots, but Cadence would not allow me to do so without her assistance ... frankly, her assistance made the job twice as difficult so I gave up and gave in to Elmo!
After dinner, Daddy took Cadence for a little walk into the woods near our home where they came upon a wild turkey and then he gave her the night time bath. This gave me about two hours to do some of the clean up and moving of stuff ... at this point in the evening ... late ... I am happy to report, I am just about done! Everything is in it's place except for the china and stemware ... not too bad I'd say! BUT ... I am exhausted! I can hardly wait to get the carpet organized downstairs so we can start to get back to a normal routine!!!
Well ... I'll try loading those photos again tomorrow ... with any luck ... I'll be at Future Shop before the day is out! Heehee!

No comments: