Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One Down ...

So here's what things looked like by lunch time:


All I can say is that this process was a LOT more stressful than I could have imagined. The noise was ridiculous and the smell a little nauseating, which meant I obviously had to ensure me and my girl were out of the house ... for the entire, extended day. Not an easy task by any means! We ended up at the park, visiting our cousins, playing at our neighbours and even out for dinner. Poor Cadence (and mommy) only got to have a quick 20 minute catnap in the car ... in the driveway of my sister's home, where construction is at a peak. This led to her basically crashing at bedtime ... thank goodness! It gave Sean and I time to move some stuff. Here is what things looked like at 7:00:


To make matters worse ... I'm not entirely sure about the colour! Don't get me wrong ... I like it, I just don't think some of my furniture goes with it now ... oh well ... it's done and there's no undoing it! Perhaps once everything is in place I'll feel okay!
I do have to say, at night, I love it!
Well ... it's now Day 2 and things should be complete sooner ... can't wait for that!

1 comment:

Jeff and Amy said...

Looks great!!!!!!! We are in the discussion stage of redoing a bath and kitchen and I am dreading it!!!! Oh, but it's so nice when it's done :)