Sunday, March 25, 2007

Surprize!??



Last night my friend Lisa invited me to go out for drinks and dinner to celebrate my birthday .... yeah .... right!!! I give her (and my husband) credit for trying ... they came close to getting away with it but there were a few 'strange' events that made me suspicious! To be honest, I thought the 'party' was going to be last week and when it didn't happen, I was feeling pretty good that the day WAS going to pass quietly afterall! Once I realized 'something' was up for last night, I was kind of thinking it was going to be 'the girls' getting together for a dinner in my honour. I really didn't expect a crowd ... OR my BF Jody to come up from London... I was over the moon to see her! As much as I hated turning .... I will not use the F word on this blog ... I did enjoy having my friends and family together for a party!!! I am very lucky to have such amazing people in my life. Thank you to everyone that was able to come AND to those who where there in spirit ... a special thank you to Sean and Lisa for ALL their efforts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parties are fun!! I remember one of my birthday's I was all ticked off that everyone seemed to forget. Then, to my surprise a few days later, everyone was at the restaurant waiting for me. Birthdays are a BIG DEAL to me. Always have been...family tradition...we always had Chinese food (ironic?) and got relieved of any of our chores!! David still forgets mine - forgot last years completely - so in 17 years I haven't rubbed off on him yet!