Thursday, March 1, 2007

What's a girl to do?


Well, this is the highlight night of my week .... typically .... HOWEVER, Grey's is a repeat AND there is no ER for tonight!!!! So, what's a girl to do .... add some useless information to the blog I guess (since there is nothing happening currently on our 'quest'). So let me divulge my humiliating moment of the week .....
This is one of my favourite times of the year - Roll up the Rim! I love it! I never win more than a cookie and only if I'm really lucky, but I am suckered into the drama and head to the drive thru EVERY day now. Let me point out that I CAN walk the 400 metres to work, but choose to drive as it allows for a Tim's run. Anyway, after placing my order I inched up to the recycle bin to dispose of an empty water bottle. Welllll, I am having a little trouble with my arm/shoulder at the moment and as I went to make the drop, I missed and the bottled rolled down into the drive, I assumed under my truck. I was frozen for a second, wondering what to do. I may have made the wrong decision to drive forward 'cause the lady behind me drove up, got out of her car and took care of my bottle .... I was humiliated!!!! (I know what you're saying...may have?) I would have paid for her coffee as a gesture, BUT I hadn't brought any extra money with me! So there you have it ... hanging my head pretty low!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story! See I can just see myself as that person behind you thinking "Look at her, just tosses it on the ground and drive away." LOL! But if you want me to get REALLY ugly throw a cigarette butt out your window at the drive thru. You'll likely then actually HEAR me say something.

I blame Roll Up the Rim for my Tim's addiction. I've always been a Robin's girl myself. Tim's is a stitch closer to my house but only by a block or so. I could easily to either way. But after roll up the rim I got hooked. So far I've already one a free coffee. :) I'd prefer cash but I like the theory of maintaining my addiction by offering more free product. Tim is pretty smart!