Saturday, September 27, 2008

In the 'Jeans'...

This weekend I began the dreaded wardrobe changeover with the intention of really purging! The OCD side of me packed the fall/winter stuff away last year in tubs ... 2 of those tubs had notes inside: "If these don't fit in the fall of '08 ... TOSS!" Well ...
I did it! I tossed 2 full yard waste bags worth of clothing! It was definitely time to let go: let go of old stuff and, more importantly, stuff that I wasn't going to squeeze into! Heck, if I manage to shed a few pounds this season I'll celebrate with a shopping spree! Most noticeably in my closet was a very high, very heavy pile of jeans. I LOVE jeans!! I love plain jeans, embellished jeans, worn out looking jeans, dark jeans, light jeans, flared jeans ... they are my wardrobe staple. I managed to pare down my pile of 16 pairs to SIX!!! I'd say 1/3 just plain didn't even come close to fitting, another 1/6th are CLOSE (so they are in a bin with another of my 'notes') and the rest still need to be hemmed...have I ever mentioned I'm also a procrastinator?!
It is no wonder then that as I was putting Cadence's clothes away I happened to 'discover' she too has many, many pairs of jeans ... 15 to be exact! And I am not counting the ones that I've got packed away in the size 2 Fall/Winter box. A casual wardrobe, an obsession, a shopaholic disease ... whatever the root of the issue, us girls will never be without our denim!
BEFORE:

AFTER:



"Ba bye clothes!"

1 comment:

PennyWolfe said...

Holy scrap! Those bags are as big as she is!!!