Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Words, Words, Words

Cadence's vocabulary has been exploding to a point where I just can't keep track of the number of words she has in her bank. Her longest word to date is probably pepperoni ... not bad for under 2! On top of that she is stringing words together and using phrases all the time ... best one to date ... "Dadda pick up poopoo". Yes, it is an appropriate sentence to relate to what Sean's role is during their walks with Winston (and in regards to what has been 'discovered' in the backyard!). Mostly Cadence's phrases are commands: "Mamma, open it", "Sit here", "Move please", "Turn it up" or assertive types of statements: "My _____________", or "My do it". I believe I heard her tell me to 'Go away' today ... the kid has some nerve! It is amazing to be able to have a little conversation with my daughter at this stage. Not all parents get that opportunity ... ever ... I feel for those parents ... it must be heartwrenching!

No comments: