Sunday, September 28, 2008

Little Miss Independent!

Cadence is continuing to exert her independence in every way imaginable! She says, 'NO, nope, uh uh' to anything I suggest or ask her to do. Example: In the mornings I ask her, as I've always done, if she wants a diaper change. She's always been up for it ... without argument. Well, not so, lately. Now when I ask her, repeatedly, she says, 'No diaper change!'. Once I've relented she waits about 3 minutes, climbs off the bed, heads to the door and says, 'Diaper change mom!' Everything on HER terms!!! Pat says she's just like her mother ... really????? I don't think so!
Here is a photo example of one of our mornings this past week.
These are the shoes Cadence was supposed to wear ... the ones I picked out ... the ones that match her dress:

Here are the shoes Cadence put on:

She also put her own jacket on ... 'My do it!":


So off to daycare we went ... really ... the shoes weren't that bad!

1 comment:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Oh how I can relate. The diaper, the shoes... it sounds all too familiar. Although, I would need to add daily food struggles to the list - Olivia will eat, but not much of it, then wants something out of the pantry 10 minutes later.