Monday, September 1, 2008

The Sun Has Set ...

Summer is officially over :( . I've done the laundry, made the lunches and I'm about as ready as I can be! Of course, things aren't as smooth as they should be ... I've just finished having a mild meltdown as a matter of fact! Ya know, I like to think I am organized and typically over prepared ... and for the most part, I am! But tonight I had 2 things to wrap up off my list ( a bill to pay and an address to find) ... do you think I could find either of these items????? NOOOOOOOO!!!! What should have taken a total of no more than one minute, transpired into 20 minutes of frantic searching ... to no avail. Had Cadence not been asleep, I'd have surely slammed a few doors. It bugs the hell out of me! I have a place for everything and yet ... there are times I can't find ANYTHING ... what is up with that? Moving on ... 'cause I can feel my blood pressure rising ...

We went out for a final casual dinner to end the holiday. We had a wonderful waitress who was absolutely taken with Cadence ... she WAS in her best form ... ordering up, using her manners and being a lovely little girl (we can no longer guarrantee this!), so I couldn't blame her. The restaurant has a very nice little touch where they write up a card to their patrons ... here's the script from ours:
Thanks for coming in this evening. I enjoyed serving you and your very smart little girl. Best of luck in the future with her maybe becoming a scientist.
Okay, so the grammar is not up to par, but ... a scientist???? Who knows? Anyway, we thought it was sweet and ate it up! Oh yeah, there was a fairly nice tip for her too!

So ... tomorrow ... back to work ... full time daycare! I can't complain, I've had an amazing year off! BUT, I am going to miss the heck out of my little pumpkin! Top 3 things I'll miss:
*hearing, mom, momma, mommy 400 times a day
*having our afternoon tea parties and beauty treatments (aka: nail polish)
*our after nap snuggle time (my heart will break for Cadence tomorrow when she awakes from her nap ... that is, IF she naps!)
I know she will be fine ... I will be fine ... it will all be fine ... but ... I'm still going to miss her!

Here are a few shots from the past 2 days:

The OTHER shoe girl in the house:

Cadence and her two puppies:

The girl can already multi task:

P, B and J:


And now ... time to get my game face on............

No comments: