Saturday, September 13, 2008

One Year on Canadian Soil

This time last year, we arrived back home from our journey of a lifetime, bringing back more than a t-shirt ... so, so, very much more!

It sure has been quite a year ...
Overall, we have all adjusted really well to family life. Yes, there are moments that are tough and border on unbearable, but those are few and far between ... the laughter and joy Cadence brings us each day is immeasurable to say the least!
AND how she has grown!!! My god, I can hardly believe it myself. Good thing I have these thousands of photos to capture the remarkable changes and growth over the past year huh?!
Speaking of ... here are fresh, up to date pics of our little girl!

The artist:

The mail carrier:

Miss Independent, who put on Sean's shorts ... EVERY pair of his shorts!:

She really is a funny little thing!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

My goodness!! Cadence is just amazingly adorable!!! I cant belive how cute she is!! I spent about 40 min on your blog going back to referral time and I see that Cadence and Mia are only a few weeks apart in age. I laughed soooooo hard when I read the post about Cadence giving you a break by not chucking her pudding on the ground becuase you put the spoon in it or freaking out for some other reason. That just cracked me up sooo much!!! Mia is exactly in the same spot. She is soooo independant and wants to do everything by herself and God forbid I try to do anything-- literally anything-- for her. She also throws fits for everthing. She tosses herself on the floor and just flops around like a dying fish. I just ignore her and it ends eventually but holy cow can she throw a fit. Sometimes I have to take my own time out!!!

Glad to know there are others with an almost 2 year old going through the same thing :)

Christy :)

PennyWolfe said...

Happy Days!! And as I recall, when you were heading to Canada I was passing you by on my way to China. Two weeks late but better late than never!!