Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Stuff" ... Lots of It

Okay ... I can't help it, I have a lot to share ... it's 'stuff' I don't want to forget.
I'll break it down into categories so you can choose, what, if anything, you'd care to read!

Daycare

It seems that everything is going well (other than the nap thing). Cadence hasn't shown any signs of not wanting to go yet ... which surprises me. I expected once she figured out this all day, every day thing was 'routine' that she'd start to throw a fit ... so far so good ... I know, there's still time! Sandy tells me that Cadence is very strong willed ... uh, ya think I don't know that?!
Not sure if Sandy sees that as positive or not ... but ... I do!

Home Time

I just love picking Cadence up and hearing her squeal with delight when she realizes I've arrived! It is undoubtedly the best part of my day! And oh, is she highly demanding of our attention when we get home ... I think she gets those 4000 'moms' in afterall! Honestly, she reminds me of those kids who get home from school and don't stop talking! She goes on and on and on ... she won't even let Sean and I have a word with each other ... everything has to be focused on Cadence. She will even physically turn my face toward her. We are in such trouble! I think my 'queendom' has come to an end ... there's a new successor in town!

Bed Time

Well ... the new pace of the week has had one positive outcome! Cadence is not taking very long to fall asleep these days. In fact yesterday, before Night Garden was even over, Cadence picked up her blanket and said, "Night, night Mom!". It was off to bed and asleep within 20 minutes. I'm good with that!

Fierce Independence

Most of Cadence's 'meltdowns' are a result of ANY attempts to help her with anything. It is getting a little problematic! I can handle the shoes on backwards, the jacket on wrong and such, but when it comes to pouring her own milk or juice or trying to
move the dog's water bowl ... I have to draw the line ... I am running out of paper towel (and patience!). My interference is not going over well .... what can I say?

Confessions of a Morning Mom

Well, I kinda lost it this morning. We were 30 seconds away from heading downstairs to put our shoes on and get out the door. My Cadence finds a bowl with some chip crumbs in it and turns it over on the micro suede ottoman in the bedroom, then starts rubbing them in for good measure. What can I say? I raised my voice ... kinda loud. She just stopped and stood there frozen with her little hands on the ottoman ... god how I wish I could have captured the look on her face at that moment ... and after about 15 seconds she came over and ... hit me! Can't say I blame her! It was a totally appropriate thing to do and I got what I deserved! I'll be working on some breathing exercises ... no CAS calls required here!

Most Memorable Moment

I forgot to mention the moment my heart absolutely exploded this week. On Tuesday Cadence and I were playing with the Night Garden guys after school. We had probably only been home about 20 minutes. In the middle of our play she leaned over and threw her arms around me and put her head on my shoulder ... it was magic. THIS is what the wait was all for!

Just a few pics:

Homework

Snack

Putting on her own jacket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of toddlerhood. I think Catherine is starting down that path. She is starting to throw herself on the ground and onto her back whenever I tell her no. I am waiting for the wailing and gnashing of teeth to come next.

Jeff and Amy said...

All sounds a little familair, the strong willed the huge hugs and screams when getting picked up, isn't that just the best feeling. The total attention when getting home and yes even a smack when I wasn't paying attention, and yes then there are the hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing:)