Friday, September 7, 2007

Daily Update, Pics and Other Musings

We decided to try a new system for dinner time last night ... We stripped Cadence down, put her in the stroller, draped a towel over her and then fed her. Following that she had a bath, put on her jammies and then we put her back in the stroller with a bottle and headed to the buffet! This plan almost worked! She did sleep through most of our meal time, but we had to share some dessert with her ... raspberry mousse was quite a hit! Luckily she went down for the night around 8:30. Now, for those of you who may choose to venture to China ... let me caution you on the wasabi here! You know I like things hot and spicy and if my nose begins to run ... I'm all the more happy. Well, generally I enjoy wasabi on my sushi and load it up compared to most ... last night, that was a mistake. Sean had gone for his turn to the buffet and honest to god, I thought I was going to lose my mind! The wasabi was seeping into my brain and I couldn't swallow or breathe! I gracefully spit it into a napkin and grabbed for the wine ... needed a second glass last night!
Cadence slept really well again ... not as much coughing (even though that doesn't cause her to wake). She had some play time in the room, went for breakfast (ate 2 whole pancakes and a piece of watermelon) and had a play date with Olivia before her nap. We've got her nap time down to a science ...

She is a real treat when she wakes up ... happy, playful ... just wish I could figure this camera out (there are so few photos of her with her eyes completely open ... darn red eye feature!).

Here is a look at the progress we are making with respect to feeding time...

She hasn't been grabbing for the spoon over these last couple of feedings ... must be because I am now meeting her nutritional needs (aka ... she isn't starving anymore!).
The little monkey is very curious about everything! We have not done enough baby proofing at home I'm afraid! Here she is after having discovered some cords ... just look at that innocent expression!

We ARE having a great time, although anxious to get home ... hotel life has it's limits! We have a great group of friends travelling with us! That makes this whole experience all the more positive! We are having such fun watching the girls (attempt to) play together! It is going to be nice to have get togethers from time to time to watch our girls grow and to catch up with each other.
Tonight the group is going on a boat cruise on the river ... Sean and I have opted out of this one. We don't want to disrupt our girl's schedule AND not really sure what else there is to see, except muddy water and high rise after rise. We'll have to live vicariously through our travel mates on this one ... hope they take some video!
Tomorrow we fly out of here and head back to Beijing. It's a short flight so it will be a little test of what's to come! I am DREADING the plane ride back to Canada. Cadence is HIGHLY active. She doesn't like to be held for long periods of time and her sleeping routine is to roll around, flipping and flopping ... not condusive to airplanes! So far it appears that we have an open seat beside us ... let's hope that doesn't change over the next few days ... we probably shoulda booked that extra seat!!!
I know ... you told me so! AND I should have brought more batteries ... the last ones in the camera are already low ... hopefully I can pick some up tomorrow before we head out ... just imagine ... 6 days without photos of Cadence!
If you have the time PLEASE check out this blog to get another perspective on our time here. You must scroll down to The Last Word for each post ... too funny! That's all for today ... next post should be from Beijing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so much fun to watch you both living your dream. What a doll Cadence is and I've never seen you guys happier! Thanks for sharing every step of your adventure - we are all so looking forward to meeting Cadence (oh yeah, & seeing you guys too). It's our First Friday Deb & Queens won't be the same without you :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful journey..Thanks for including us. She is just precious

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's almost time for you guys to come home. It's been such a treat to read your updates and see your little girl.

~Kristen said...

Ohhh those eyes.... GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks for the lovely email and comments... don't ever feel like you have too. I can't imagine the timeloss in being a new parent, but i understand if I don't hear from you. You are busy for a VERY wonderful reason. But thank you for taking the time. I hope to meet you all in person. Someday we will!!

Keep these wonderful posts coming!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
It has been so much fun to follow this special adventure. She is soo cute in all of her little outfits-little girls are so mcuh fun to dress! Have a safe journey!
Annie

Anonymous said...

It is obvious that the two of you have adjusted to parenthood quite well. I can actually feel your happiness through your entries. She is beautiful and I have loved following your escapades.

Carol