Sunday, September 2, 2007

She's Got Personality Plus!

Hey all!
We had a GREAT night! We took Cadence out for her first dinner last night along with her friends Jenna and Olivia. Then she had a bath, which she loved a bottle and to bed by 8:30. We let her play for a while ... she is very persistent and has a voice ... a deep voice ... it is hilarious! You could swear she says, "Oh Yeah!" We laugh every time. She is sitting up with no problem and pulls herself up onto furniture, the headboard, you name it ... there is no stopping her! Just before sleep we layed her between us and she would roll and snuggle up to Sean and then roll and snuggle up to me. Precious I tell you! This went on for quite some time until I laid her in the crib and rubbed her back for about 5 minutes. Did she sleep through the night? You bet! She is an angel! We all got up about 6:30 am to a great big, melt your heart smile! We played in bed for a bit, changed a diaper ... success there too (two, if you get my drift!), and had some play time. Sean and I took turns showering and then Miss Cadence accompanied us to breakfast! After that, we had a play date with Evelyn in the 3rd floor playroom, where our little bully laughed when Evelyn cried ... Miss Cadence had taken her toy! We had some great laughs watching the girls downstairs. Cadence is very curious about everything. Her gorgeous eyes don't miss a trick and she is very vocal when she demands, I mean, wants something. She is as active as they said in her report! As I said she likes to move about hanging on to the furniture and the little monkey even tried to climb up onto the chair ... we are not going to have any 'baby' time I'm afraid. And you will not believe, she actually took a step ... I think I may have it on video ... she's a pure genius! At the moment we, I mean she, is enjoying a nap. We are heading to the Civil Affairs Office to finalize this adoption ... I think we'll keep her! More later today or tomorrow!
Now for some photos:




Mom, tried to phone but wasn't able to! You are going to LOVE her!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. She's a keeper. Congratulations.........
Things here in Oakville are great. Your older child is behaving wonderfully. He is happy with us and enjoys being with the boys (particularly Aidan). He loved sitting on the dock with me today looking out over the water. They had a great time up north and are both tired puppies this evening. Relax and enjoy the rest of your visit.
donna mark evan aidan lucky & winston

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I just want to squeeze those cheeks! I am so over the top happy for you both! Thanks for posting pictures, it means a lot to all of us who are still waiting. There's still hope!!!

Anonymous said...

Mobile already? Wow! You're starting out with your hands full. Ha, ha!!

I love the post! You can sure tell how much you are in love with her. It doesn't take long, does it?

Keep the posts and the pictures coming. I can't think of a better way to start my morning!!

Take care!!

John & Michelle said...

Love seeing /following your adventure! She looks like pure joy! We are with Great Wall (LID 3/8/07) Long wait ahead...thanks for sharing yours with us! Keeping you in my prayers for a safe journey home!
~Michelle

Kim said...

WOW...
Congrats.... She is adorable..Glad everything is going well..
Take care
Kim

~Kristen said...

What a wonderful post...

She is just so gorgeous and that smile... OMG

Keep those updates coming when you can, I can't wait to check each day!!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, You guys look great as parents!! congratulations! It has been quite a journey with many more adventures to unfold with a new family member. We are all so happy for you.
Brenda, Dan & Larisa

geminirn said...

AWWWWWWW!!!SHE IS PRECIOUS!!!WHAT A GREAT LOOKING FAMILY...CONGRATS.AGAIN!!!!!

From Saint John,NB
group 253

Donna Paonessa said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEB & SEAN!!!! She's an absolute doll!! Crossing my fingers for you that she continues to sleep through the night once you get home (insert evil laugh here).

I was thrilled to see Hoda in one of your pic's, holding her wee one. Please tell Hoda and Fiasal that Donna says HI and congrat's!

Enjoy your journey!!

Anonymous said...

Deb & Sean,
I can barely get through this email- too many tears of joy! The pictures are beautiful - everyone is so happy! We are sooo looking forward to meeting Cadence - Grant & Gwen can't wait to play and take care of her (though, it seems as though she can take pretty good care of herself!!!). Everything's great at your place too! We love you guys!

3 Peanuts said...

Congratulations! Cadence is adorable and it sounds as though things are going GREAT for you. I have been following your quest for a while and I am so thrilled to finally see Cadence in your arms:)

Kim