Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Final Post from China!!!!!!!

It is currently 9:30 in the evening and I am doing the typical things ... enjoying a glass of vino while checking emails and blogs.
Except: a) there is a baby, MY baby, sleeping in a crib right beside me, b) the wine is the leftover bottle from last night that I was able to take with me from the bar, c) I can't actually check blogs, I can only post, and d) I am in friggin CHINA baby!!! Tomorrow we fly home ... and we CANNOT wait!!! Unfortunately though, waiting is what we will have to do! This hotel insists we check out by one and seeing as out flight isn't until 5:20, makes for a long day hanging around an airport for hours on end with 4 babies ... yeah ... I can sense the envy out there! Anyway, I guess I should get my rest and so without further ado, here is a recap of the day:
The morning started as all others ... happy kid greeting us with a beautiful smile. Diaper and clothing change went really well too ... Dora was on ... yes, in Chinese! Here is a shot of the 'ham' ... she has been giving us this smile along with some interesting sound effects since about day 2 and she thinks she is pretty hilarious! Finally, I was able to capture it ...

The 'look' says it all about her thoughts on this outfit ... guess we'll be passing it on to our new cousing Alyssa, who was born yesterday!

Sean, Cadence and I took a rickshaw tour of parts of the HuTong (neighbourhood) and visited a local family in their home ... very interesting! I didn't end up with any pictures because our Cadence fell asleep part way through and there was NO way, I was waking her for anything.

Late in the day, we all, even Sean, went to the Silk Alley Market ... peking duck dinner was at 5:00, so he had to tag along for the hour of shopping preceeding dinner. It was not good ... he got down one row and was done! I managed to leave him hanging, literally by the elevators while I picked up a couple of things ... if I had been on top of my game, I think I could have done my Christmas shopping here!
Peking Duck Dinner was great! Here is a shot of all the new moms and daughters ...

And finally, here is a great shot of the girl who charmed her way out of bed at 8:00 ( we did get her down by 8:30!)

So, that's it ... for now! We will spend the morning packing stuff up, making sure we have plenty of supplies for the plane ride home, not to mention the car ride! It is sure to be a long, tiring flight ... but in the end, it will get us home and there is NO where I'd rather be right now!
Looking forward to seeing some of you at the airport ... the rest, we'll see you soon ... for sure! You need to meet this spicy sichuan peanut who is growing before our eyes already ... another tooth, since we've met her. Canada ... here we come!

8 comments:

Red Sand said...

safe travels and welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Wow, did that time ever fly by. Have a safe trip home and we'll be chatting soon!!

Donna Paonessa said...

Holy toledo, I can't believe you're coming home already!!!

I'm hoping to be at the airport tomorrow night with my girls - thought they might get a kick out of seeing some little babes come home.

Safe journey - ya, the flight home is brutal, I won't lie to ya. I think it's mostly because we're so anxious to get home! *grin*

geminirn said...

SAFE TRAVELS BACK TO CANADA!!!!!!WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

~Kristen said...

Wow... I don't even remember what I wanted to say... So much to gaze at!! I LOVE all your photos and recounts of the past few days. Have a safe trip home...

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!
WELCOME HOME DEB, SEAN & CADENCE!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you three for the long and successful journey of the heart. Have a safe journey even with the long waits. She'll have many admirers to meet and greet.
Lonnie

Anonymous said...

Hello from Ottawa!
I've been following up on the blog all summer with Mary and have continued to do so since returning to school! Cadence is beautiful!
I just wish that I could see the reaction on Marys face when she sees her...not only Cadence but Alyssa and Olivia! She's going to be in her glory!
All the best! Safe journey home!
-Katie (Marys lil helper)

TEAM HALL said...

That puckered-up-lip face is priceless!!! What a ham!!!

Safe trip,
Cath
Dave and Penny's friend