Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Time Parents Bragging Rights!

Sean and I have just been in complete awe of Cadence! She was obviously VERY WELL taken care of by her foster family. I believe she is developmentally on track ... maybe even ahead of schedule a bit. She has 4 teeth (2 up, 2 down), she sits up, rolls over and over and over, crawls ... fast ... can pull herself up into a standing position and move along furniture, holds her own bottle and sippy cup and can use her pincer grip to grasp cheerios and watermelon and just about ANYTHING we put in front of her! She is following her schedule pretty much to the tee which has made life much easier for us ... we are not taking ANY of these moments for granted ... we are very LUCKY ... and yes, we know we will pay later ... somehow! Attachment and bonding are definitely happening too! I know some BTDT folk may think we are just overly eager but I think you just KNOW! It's in the little things ... how at night she rolls between us and giggles, then rolls over to Sean and drapes her arm over his leg and just relaxes there ... how in the morning she grabs my fingers and smiles ... it's THERE and we know it is going to get better every day! Sean has really taken well to fatherhood ... it suits him ... and Cadence is definitely a Daddy's girl ... her face absolutely lights up the minute he enters the room! As much as we are enjoying our time here, we can hardly wait to get her home to meet everyone!
Now for some updates from yesterday...
In the afternoon, we bundled her up (the Chinese way!) and headed for the pool (getting her ready for her October swimming lessons!). She liked the water for the first few minutes, but it was a bit cool ... not like the Kearney pool!


Ater the pool, we headed in for 'snacks'! Nothing like chips and beer! Her and cousin Olivia are kindred spirits already!


Due to the high activity of the day, our girl didn't quite make it through dinner ...

I have a few pics from the morning, but I can only seem to upload 5 per entry ... I'll update again during tomorrow's nap. Well, off to the park soon ... Hope all is well ... THANK YOU EVERYONE for all of the lovely comments ... we look forward to reading them each morning!

14 comments:

geminirn said...

So glad to hear all is going well,love the photos she is adorable!!

Enjoying and looking forward to each and every update.


group 253

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to know everything is going so well! I just pray that things continue on this path and that all of your transitions are made smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well and that you are settling in as a family. Routine is important. Everyone is happy when baby is happy so make sure you stick to it at home too.

LOVE the pictures. Too cute!! Like Dianne I love to get up every morning and read the updates.

TEAM HALL said...

Asleep in the highchair...too sweet! Have a great time in China!!

Cath
friends of Dave and Penny

Unknown said...

sounds like she is simply amazing

Anonymous said...

WOW!! She is AMAZING!! What a little sweetheart! You shouldn't be the least bit surprised that she's falling in love with you both as well - you are wonderful, loving parents and she obviously "feels" it too!!

I've had computer problems, phone line problems and internet problems for the past month or so, but you've been in our hearts, thoughts and prayers every day! So glad I'm able to sneak a peak into your wonderful world today. Enjoy!!

Sooooo looking forward to seeing the "Kearney Family" when you all return!!

Wanda & Family

Michael and Tammy said...

I have been following your blog for a long time and have never posted before so I thought it was time I did. My husband and I are also with Children's Bridge group 272 (a loooong way away) and I just wanted to say thank you for allowing others to share in your story - it is the only thing that keeps me going anymore - seeing that it actually happens for people!! Your new daughter is absolutely beautiful and it looks like you are having a great time!! Feel free to visit our blog in your spare time...I know..what spare time??

~Kristen said...

So Happy to hear that she was cared for well and seems to be so on target.. that is wonderful. I hope her routine continues and makes a smooth transition when you are home.

Chips & Beer!! LOL... girl after my own heart!!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!
You and Sean look sooo happy!
I can't wait to meet her.

Have fun and enjoy every precious moment.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Debbie and Sean;
Keith, Matthew and I could not be happier for the three of you! Cadence is absolutely beautiful and you both look so very happy. We would love to see you when you come to the Soo Thanksgiving weekend for her Baptism (Jody keeps us informed!).
Best of luck for the journey back home-you are in our prayers.
Keith and Marci Hillstrom, and Matt

Donna Paonessa said...

So glad to hear all is going well guys!

Hey, I thought you said you weren't taking any makeup with you??!!!

Anonymous said...

I am finally going to send a comment as I too have been following your entries daily, with so much excitement and awe! ALL your picture are wonderful and I am thoroughly enjoying your anecdotes.
You know we are all thinking about you here at SMO as we start up our new school year and you KNOW we will have a 'toast'(s!!) to your new family and new happiness... will be missin' you at the Q on Friday. Cheers Deb and Sean!!!
Love, Alicia

Anonymous said...

Jenn passed along your blog address - you both look so happy! Cadence is absolutely beautiful...you have every right to be proud!

Congratulations! :-)

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Wow!!What gorgeous family pictures!
Congratulations Deb and Sean! You guys look sooo.. happy! She is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see her back home in Canada. Enjoy every special moment with Cadence and the rest of your time in China!
Love ya!
Patrice