Monday, September 10, 2007

Finally!!!!!

Hey y'all ...

We arrived here in Beijing and have had GREAT difficulty accessing Blogger, but somehow, through a link from our travel partner, Penny, who no longer is our travel partner, I've managed to get on! Soooooo, now I am going to attempt to cut
and past something from the other day ... here goes:

Sunday, September 9th

The girls managed reallly well on the flight from Chongqing to Beijing ... especially Miss Cadence who did NOT sleep at all! An Asian girl who sat with us was quite lovely and entertained her as best she could. As we were landing Cadence was quite intrigued with what was going on so I snapped a shot ... got in BIG trouble from the stewardess, who was already strapped in for landing ... OOPS!!!

We were up early for breakfast as we had photos first thing for the girls’ Visas ... again, Cadence only required one take ... she’s model material for sure! Breakfast was a challenge ... the ‘baby seats’ here are basically bar stools! After all was said and done and the parents were stressed to the max, we headed to the silk factory. Very interesting process and such beautiful products ... I did manage to make some purchases, but had I been on my own, I fear the damage I could have done! Silk is soooooo soft and luxurious!
From there we headed to Tiannemen Square and the the Forbidden City ... what was hilarious is that WE were the biggest tourist attraction of the day! We stopped in one of the tunnels to do diaper changes and you should have seen the crowd we drew ... they were taking pictures and everything ... hilarious!
It was a hot day ... Sean and Cadence did amazing with the Snugli thing ... wish I had bought one of those umbrella things as she totally refuses to wear hats!
On the way home we stopped at a Supermarket place to purchase strollers and then headed home!
Sean, Cadence and I enjoyed a lovely evening ... Happy hour from 6 -7 and then dinner from 7-8! A server at the bar gave Cadence some apple juice and ... a chocolate! There was chocolate everywhere, not to mention, one hyper kid! Now she is in bed ... asleep, hopefully for the night! Medicals are tomorrow morning at 8:30 .... very early, and then the day is ours! Man I can’t wait to get home! Here are some photos from the day ....

Okay ... I don't seem to be able to do that ... I'll try to add them in later!

1 comment:

Ceilidh said...

Congratulations Debbie and Sean!!!!! I'm so happy for you both! I hope you don't mind but Colleen sent me the website so I could see your new addition and she's absolutely beautiful and adorable!!!! What a lucky little girl to have such terrific parents!!! May God continue to give you many wonderful blessings as your new family follows a new direction! Congrats again! Your old highschool friend,