Monday, September 24, 2007

A Little Regression ... perhaps! (Photos!)

Our wonderful little sleeper has regressed a bit! Normally, she would be down within 3 minutes of our quiet time ... last night took at least 30 minutes (and then there were about 3 'stirs' throughout the night that I had to tend to!). I'm wondering if it had to do with having a number of family at the house for dinner. Cadence had lots of attention from everyone, while I was busy preparing dinner ... who knows. What was interesting is that she wanted to go in her crib and she would just about be out, but then her head would pop up quick ... looking to make sure I was there! Even tonight she has already stirred ... twice! Oh, I will be a tired girl tomorrow ... my own fault ... gotta watch the bachelor!
The little monkey has also started to shake her head 'no' during meal times ... if she doesn't like what's going in ... she makes no bones about telling me and fights me all the way! This girl has a strong will alright!!!
Today, I took her to the park and we tried out the swing ... it was a big hit ... oh the giggles would just melt your heart! We also enjoyed the pool on this record breaking day! Cadence is going to be a fish in water!!! She is already kicking her feet to propel herself around ... hope she's as cooperative next week when we start our classes!
I am also starting to realize that Cadence is not very happy when I leave the room for a short spurt (30 seconds to pour a glass of water for instance) ... there is a small wall between the great room and the kitchen and even though I talk her through it the whole time ... she will cry! I think I may need to try out some short term babysitting, just to introduce her to the fact that unlike others in her past ... I will be back for her soon!
In other small news, I got my tattoo last week ... it's actually pretty cool, if I do say so myself (don't expect to see any photos of it here either!). And, my cell phone that I rescued from the toilet ... it still works!
I do have some great photos I will upload ... in the morning ... I'm too tired to keep multitasking ... something's gotta give and it's not the Bachelor!

Here are the photos from our day ...




5 comments:

~Kristen said...

That seems to be the norm with the little bit of regression... from what I've read anyway!

I am loving every picture of Miss Cadence. I still just can't believe she's home... gosh how fast time flies!!

PS... did you get my package?

Donna Paonessa said...

Re the sleep and leaving the room thing - this is all totally normal and to be expected Deb. Remember what's she just been through - her whole world has been flip-flopped.

She doesn't need babysitting...she just needs time to adjust to her new world and the fact that she now has a Mommy & a Daddy. Children need to learn how to become dependant before they can become independant. She freaks when she can't see you because she's learning to depend on you. That's a GOOD thing.

Be patient with her. You've been preparing for a long time for her....but she has only been in this for a month.

Call me if you want to chat.

Diana said...

Hi there,
Glad to see some pics! Adorable of course, I just want to kiss those adorable cheeks!

P.S. What IS your tattoo of?

R&H said...

Oh that little pink swimming suit and tiny little lawn chair is sooooo sweet!!!!! Adorable pictures!
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

Astrid in Kanada said...

Hello Deb,
I got your blog address from Linda in Thunder Bay who will be leaving to pick up her Sichuan beauty in November. We are with FOI and came back from China a week ago. Our daughter Hope is from the Yun Yang SWI in Chongqing. Where are you in Canada? Was there by any chance a Lisa in your travel group? My mother-in-law knows a family in Burlington who traveled to Chongqing with Children's Bridge just a bit ahead of us, that would have been your group. I have a blog as well and posted a few times while in China: www.meinkleinermarienkaefer.blogspot.com (in German and English).
Take care
Astrid