Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Crap!

Well ... the Sante Fe needs some work ... to the tune of a grand ... yay! After this, I think the big expenses are done! Oh, not quite ... we ordered a secure cover for the pool when we close it. It really is money well spent I think, both from efficiency and safety standpoints! Now if only it came with a free pair of shoes!
Had a lovely lunch date with some of the girls today ... only problem, the guest of honour was a no show! We missed you Kelly!
Stayed up last night organizing my laundry cabinets and got up early this morning to start on the kitchen. Tonight, I have a few
more drawers to do and then I believe I have completed all of the cleaning items from ... you know it ... my list! To tell you the truth ... it feels good!
Tomorrow Nancy and I are heading to a place to put homemade entrees together that we can freeze and prepare at our convenience. Everything will be chopped and ready to go AND no clean up! I thought it might be a good idea to have some healthy, ready made meals in the freezer for when we return. A) I won't feel much like shopping and B) definitely won't feel much like cooking BUT C) will most likely be starving (not really a bad thing!).
My sister is having an ultra sound this weekend as the doctor thinks the baby may be in a breach position. I've been saying this baby is coming the weekend before we leave ... AND, obviously, it must be a male ... typical at that ... no sense of direction already!
Can you believe the ticker? ... we leave in 8 days!!! I can't actually believe it ... there are packed bags, a crib, stroller, car seat and yet ... it still doesn't seem real! It has been a long road to this point ... one that will be well worth it ... I know ... but until it actually happens ..... sigh, I don't know ... I'm just all over the place emotionally right now ... somebody pinch me!

6 comments:

geminirn said...

ONLY 8 DAYS!!!!!!!ONLY 8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!Time has flown by...before you know it that sweet little peanut will be in your arms!!!!!!!

Preparing meals ahead of time....smart move,sure will come in handy after all the travelling.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are busy getting organized. Hard to believe it's just a week away. Won't seem real until we're there. For sure!!

~Kristen said...

HOLY CRAP... sorry, I can't believe it's only 8 days!!

I LOVE those "Let's Dish" places.. YUM!

But Yuck on the car repairs.. better now than when Cadence is home and you have no time!!

Will you be taking a computer to blog from China? Purely selfish question.. I just can't wait!!!

ps... sorry.. in my OCD way, I had to fix your margins... the tickers being cut off bugged me!

~Kristen said...

PS... would you email me your snail mail addy... I have a little something to send for the cutie pie!

kristen.0814@yahoo... case you don't still have it!!

Donna Paonessa said...

Another tip is to have someone put some fresh bread, milk, fresh fruit & veggies, etc. in your fridge on the day you're coming home. You won't feel like going out to the store for a day or two!!

Also make sure you have some diapers and access. at home for your arrival.

Linda said...

Can you make a few extra dishes for me? I have all of my organizing done but I do need some freezer food.

I won't start cooking mine until early Oct. so that I don't get any freezer burn.