Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Final Post from Canada and Change of Tone

Hi Everyone!
I have kept this blog light hearted for the most part with a touch of humour ... that's just how I get through things!
But today I need to change the tone ... we depart tomorrow for what will be the single most important trip and end
to a very long journey! On Sunday our dream of 10 years will finally be realized ... we will hold the most precious
gift ever bestowed upon us ... Cadence ... and we can hardly wait! We have planned for this and are ready ... BUT
our poor little angel has not! Her happy little short life is about to be turned upside down ... everything she knows
is going to be ripped from her in one moment ... our moment! Yes, we will give her a good life, yes she will have
opportunities, yes, she will be loved ... but she doesn't know that yet and won't know that for a while. It will be
difficult for all of us ... her especially ... so as you enjoy watching our family be formed ... please take a moment
to grieve with her for all she is loosing!

AND ... I cannot express into words how VERY GRATEFUL and touched we are for ALL the support from our family
and friends!!! We are overwhelmed, overjoyed and just so very lucky to have such amazing people in our lives!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ..... FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS ... THANK YOU!

Well, this is it ... my final post ... I can hardly believe it (and I better end ... the power is flickering!). Next time you
here from me it will be from the other side of the world! What a wonderful world it is after all!!!!!

PS - Let's get that count up to 30,000!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Deb and Sean, have a safe trip and a wonderful time with your new daughter. You're in our prayers.
Kara, Paul and Devyn

Diana said...

Good luck to all of you on the most amazing journey of your lives. I have been thinking of you and how excited you must be right now especially since everyone is gearing up for school and you are in a totally different headspace right now. Enjoy the long awaited and well deserved leave from work (we too waited 10 years), and I am just now after 2 years off getting ready to go BACK to the classroom. Enjoy this new chapter in your lives and especially your leave, it goes bye soooo fast!
Diana + Flavio
Sophia + Alyssa (twins)

LaLa said...

Have a wonderful trip to your daughter..it is the trip of a lifetime. You are building memories for your daughter so buy lots and take a ton of photos.

You will do great just let her take the lead : )

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! I am bursting with excitement for you guys! I just can't believe the day has finally arrived. Please be safe, have a wonderful time, relax, and just make so many memories!!!!!!!!!

geminirn said...

WOW!This day has finally arrived!!This will be a journey of a life time,cherise every single moment!!

Hope you will have a safe and uneventful trip,what precious memories you will create.......only a matter of days now and you will have your beautiful little girl in your arm.

looking forward to following along,enjoy.

Unknown said...

Be safe and We will be praying

Lisa said...

Hi Deb and Sean. I'm in Joe and Dianne's group and Dianne told me about your sight. Cadence is beautiful and I can't wait to see pics of you holding her.

Safe trip and Godspeed to your cheub. I'll be thinking of you on the first day of school as I'm a TA and wish I were in China instead like you.

John & Michelle said...

Hi family!!! We have never "met". I have enjoyed following your blog and will do so every morning before I leave for work. I will pray also until your safe return home!!!
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Good luck...I'm looking forward to following your journey. don't lose my e-mail address! I'm expecting some personally delivered pictures and letters (they can be brief. :) It's hard not being there with you guys but it just wasn't meant to be. Tell me all about the girls and what I'm missing and what I am to expect. I'll be living through you vicariously for now.

Anonymous said...

Deb and Sean,

Enjoy every moment and make sure to actually see China when you are there. We have awesome video and pics that we can help to tell our Jasmine's story of her life and place of birth. Savour the moment, it is special. We are back a week now and she has changed so much it is incredible! Have a TsingTsao for me!

Dave in 248

PS Tell everyone in your group to finalize their DV or DVD recording of Gotcha Day before leaving the building. We had a couple drop their camera and that moment may be lost forever.

Red Sand said...

Safe travels - I'm sharing in your excitement! Can't wait to hear how your family day goes.

PaulaBrett said...

Can't wait to see that little one in your arms.

Travel safe and enjoy the most special times of your life.

Mom to Kayli and Mya said...

All the best and have a safe journey!

Carrie
CB Group 223

Kim said...

Have a Safe Trip...
See ya on the other side..
Kim

~Kristen said...

By the time you read this, you will already be there. I hope the plane ride was smooth and that you are safe and sound on land. I can't wait for your first post from Cadence's Homeland!!!

I will be praying for you, Sean & Cadence, in her grief and your joy, as you become a family of three! :o)