Sunday, August 12, 2007

Issues ...

This child of mine has not even arrived yet and I'm already getting glimpses of how I will not be able to keep up with life! Take this blog for example ... I can't manage it! Now relax, I'm not saying I'm shutting it down or anything like that, I'm just facing the fact that I'm having trouble now ... so ... god help me! I have loads of outfits I'd love to show you but quite frankly, I can't spare the time to photograph them, load them on the computer and then upload them here ... there are much more pressing things to do!!!
Like shopping!~ You know I have 'issues' there ... I cannot go to a shop, mall, box store, etc. without purchasing ... especially if there is a sale! Once I'm on EI, I'm going to need some serious intervention for that! Take yesterday for example ... I went to HomeSense, simply to find ONE thing ... I came home with a cart full of 'clearance items" AND children's pant hangers ... something I have been searching high and low for! And, it gets better ... they're PINK!!

I also made a very practical purchase yesterday .... BIG sale on these!

Thanks for everyone's input. In the end, I just went with what was on sale and will try all the brands eventually to see which is best for my girl!
I will only touch on the packing for a moment ... to say that I am feeling completely overwhelmed all of a sudden. I am going through a mix of emotions here ... do I have too much stuff, not enough, do I even have the right stuff??? And I will even tell you that I haven't even started packing MY stuff yet! The anxiety is really starting to escalate ... I had to leave the room and shut the door ... I'll try again tomorrow!
On a more positive note ... I found the most ADORABLE pink camouflage sneakers for Cadence today! There is a matching pair in my size out there somewhere so of course, I'm on the hunt ... anyone near a Payless out there???? Anyway, the picture didn't turn out too well, but, I am NOT retaking photos of shoes ... I've more important things to worry about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is overwhelming. Yes you will pack too much stuff. Yes you will forget something. Yes you can buy (almost) everything in China. (Note the Made In China lable on most products.

However all that being said does not make one bit of difference. I am suffering the same overwhelming sense of anxiety. Of course I have a three year old and a husband about to go in for surgery so basically I am losing my mind. You should have seen me yesterday. Whooo...not good. LOL!! But don't worry. We will get through it and it will go by so fast you won't know what hit you.

Good luck packing. We'll have to form a packing support group to get us through the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say one thing......pant hangers? What's the point? As soon as you wash those neatly pressed, brand new, clothes they are going to get wrinkly and soft. That means fold em' and shove em' in a drawer! You will have far more important things to do once Cadence arrives than spend time ironing and hanging size 2 jeans. Trust me! You'll be lucky if the laundry gets done! Ahhhh! Stay away from the malls! Penny is right. You are planning several shopping days in China. They will have everything you need or forgot to pack. Don't forget to leave room in the suitcases for the knock off PRADA bags for me!
Nancy

Kim said...

You will be alright.. you are just overwhelmed right now..
I am with you on the clearance shopping.. And everywhere I go I want to buy Isabella something..
It is hard..
You will have plenty of stuff.. if not when you get home it will give you a reason to go shopping with Cadence... then you will actually know what size she is..
Have fun..
I will be watching for your exciting journey..
Take care.
Kim