Friday, August 24, 2007

Last Room to Do!

Now that my house is pretty well in order, I have turned my attention to my classroom! It is surprising how attached and territorial one can become over their workplace. I know I won't be there this year and I'm happy about that! But I also know someone else will be sitting in my chair, using my desk, teaching my kids and I'm NOT so happy about that! I know I will get over it ... soon ... but in the meantime I am in there getting it all organized ... for WHOEVER!!! I spent the day cleaning, moving furniture, decorating and reorganizing ... yes, there are paid custodians but we won't go there! Should I mention while I was cleaning my classroom, I was also paying someone to clean my house!!! Does that sound ridiculous to you too? Anyway, I was really hoping the supply teacher would have been determined by now so that I would have time to review the protocol and student files and all the resources with her (or him), but the board didn'tt post the job until a couple of days ago and it doesn't close until 4:00pm Monday. My principal is in meetings all day Tuesday, so ... her and I will interview Wednesday morning, hire someone immediately (hopefully) and I will orient the person Wednesday afternoon 'cause I leave Wednesday night! Yeah ... I'm freaking just a bit! At least the room will be ready and I will be back in a few weeks should he/she have any questions. AND really, my teaching partner is a very competent woman who will be able to mentor and guide ... but like I said ... I'm territorial and I like things done MY way. Time to let go ... I know ... and I will!
Well, I am off to have dinner out with friends ... again ... third day in a row! I'm not complaining ... but I AM worried that the few things packed in the suitcase won't fit once I arrive in China!!!
Warm cheers and cool beers y'all .....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what an honest post...you have been so busy and I hope that you have the most amazing trip