Sunday, August 19, 2007

Practise Round!

Sean and I decided we would get ourselves ready and try out some traditional Chinese fare ... peking duck. I need to confess that A) we made some chicken as back up and B) the peking duck was made by the President (not quite traditional or authentic)! I am happy to report that we enjoyed it and will be having chicken salads for dinner tomorrow!

I spent a couple of hours in Cadence's room this afternoon with the suitcases ... it is not good! The Chongqing one is basically full and there are no clothes in it for me or my girl (or formula or Cheerios or any of the suggested medications for Sean and I). I do have a bigger suitcase but it is quite heavy ... there are weight restrictions! I guess I'm going to have to just pack it and weigh it and hope for the best! I have until Friday ... that is my designated date for completion ... we'll see!

There are a couple of families from our agency currently in China now who have received their babies and have sites ... Jasmine and Alex . You can read about their adventures and view their photos by clicking on their names. Enjoy their journeys while you wait just a little longer for ours!

6 comments:

~Kristen said...

I can't even imagine the actual packing.. the thought frightens me!

Good Luck!!

geminirn said...

Well I do not envy you the task!!!!!

however can not wait to hear how you make out......good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I still want to know what's in the bag if there are no clothes, cheerios or formula. And don't forget, Sean doesn't need much space so feel free to use half his suitcase. You got 88lbs between the two of you! You can make it work. (And if you're using those pack mates they are a curse! They make everything heavier!!!) Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Dont try for 2 suitcases total....3 or even 4 is fine cuz you will just end up buying more anyway. For the most part the luggage is on trolleys and well taken care of (well they lost one of our bags, but not bad overall--it was returned a few hours later on the next flight). The extra space in the bags will be full on the route home! Have fun!

Donna Paonessa said...

Take out the formula....you honestly don't need it! Stick to the Chinese stuff - it's what she's used to anyways. You can buy it there no problem.

Actually, you can buy EVERYTHING there - stores are walking distance from the hotels. Some folks have done this trip with a carry-on bag....seriously!!

Anonymous said...

...and you can buy suitcases in China to bring all your goodies home in! We bought a back pack and filled it! As well as the empty space in our suitcase where there used to be diapers.

I am contemplating going down to just one 28" suitcase and one small 12" carry on. I know I can buy a suitcase at silk alley(market) to put all my return stuff in. That will be this weeks project - finish packing!