Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Making Progress ...

I am currently waiting for a few of Cadence's little outfits to finish drying so they can go right into her suitcase and then ... one bag is actually packed (pretty much anyway)!!! I've got some extra stuff in the Beijing bag (diapers, another bottle, some extra medications and a couple of changes of clothes for us all) and have laid out the carry-ons with their contents lists ... so I'm getting there! Tomorrow I will pull out the suitcase Sean and I will use for our clothing and personal items and hopefully I can manage to have all bags zipped up and waiting by the door in a matter of days!
Also, the talented Ms. Ronnie came by this morning to drop off, and help me hang, the drapery in Cadence's room. Let me mention that we just picked out the material at about 4:00 yesterday afternoon! How's that for service and efficiency? They look super ... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH RL!


The plan was to wait and use the velvet ribbon, that should have arrived by now, as the ties, but Ronnie wanted to get them up before Cadence comes home and used some green ribbon she had for now with the intention of changing them once the ribbon is delivered. I don't know ... I kind of like the green!!!
Right now ... I'm tired ... I know ... wait until we get back and have a toddler to deal with ... but let's deal with now! I think what has been exhausting about the packing is the MESS!!! It seems everytime I get going there is an utter disaster left in the room and so ... there is a lot of clean up. On a positive note, I think the worst is over!
Another task completed today ... my cabinets! Ronnie's other half dropped by and installed them for us. I'd show you what they look like, but I'm taking a break from the clean up in the laundry room so it will all have to wait.
Oh, and as luck would have it, I've been noticing some stains on the driveway ... I took a whiff and think it may be something that needs attention so ... off to the garage tomorrow, first thing in the morning!!! Argh! That is one bill I don't want to have to deal with ... let's hope it's just a minor repair ... Thursday's my LAST payday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The window treatments are perfect! The kid's gonna love the room! Hey, the ghetto blaster looks familiar?
N

Unknown said...

they look wonderful..You have great taste. Hope you find some time to rest and relax..Cadence is coming home..yippee

geminirn said...

LOVE the window treatments,they look perfect in the room....great job!!