Wednesday, August 8, 2007

In Between Fire and Tags!

Just thought you might enjoy some anecdotes from our 10th anniversary evening!
First of all, we decided to try a new place this evening ... we'd heard many good reviews and wanted to see for ourselves.
I will say that it is a lovely place, despite its location, although a bit pricey. The menu was limited to a few entrees with ingredients unfamiliar to me, but I was willing to be adventurous. The service was .... questionable at the onset. Really, should
a server in the middle of taking your order interupt you to seat the couple who just stepped inside the doors??? Ah ... NO! And I must mention that she went right to taking our order without offering drinks ... not typical ... I'm chalking it up to inexperience.
in the meantime, while waiting for her to seat the new patrons Sean put down his menu ..... only to realize that it was soon on fire! Paper menus and candles don't quite mix!
Regardless, we did enjoy our meals ... they were artistic and exquisite!
At the last moment I decided I would use the restroom rather than wait the 5 minutes until we were home. I walked the entire length of the room. When I returned to my seat, a lady at the next table came over to tell me about my tags .... I forgot to remove ALL the tags from my dress ... and let me tell you ... we are not talking small price tags here ... we're talking the big huge brand tags ... 3 of them! I am such a loser!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a memorable way to celebrate the 10th. May I suggest a fire extinguisher and a pair of scissors as gifts for the next milestone anniversary? :)

geminirn said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!Toooo funnyyyy!!!!I'm sitting here pissing myself laughing...well at least you didn't return to your seat with the back of your dress tucked into your undies...lol

Happy Anniversary!!!

~Kristen said...

ROFL!!!! Too funny!! Mommy Brain has already started setting in!

Have a great weekend!