Monday, August 27, 2007

Evening Update ...

As promised here is a photo of one of the most amazing gifts ... homemade and absolutely beautiful ... and this girl has a full time teaching job AND an almost two year old! I am just blown away!

And what wardrobe isn't complete without pink velvet Puma 'leisure wear' ... hoping my girl is into lounging around ... me thinks it's a fantasy!

Speaking of pink velvet ... my ribbon for the border around the room came in. Well, that is obviously one thing that will NOT get done on the list ... especially with only TWO days to go! Any wagers as to a date you think I might manage to get it done by?

And sadly ... there was no good news from Costco ... my beautiful stilhetto To Do list book is gone forever! I am really bummed about it but in the grand scheme of life ... not a big deal! The only real pisser now is that all the notes I kept regarding transferring videos from my camcorder to the computer were in that book ... may need another tutorial after all Phil ... sorry!
Well ... some big things to do tomorrow morning... pedicure, wax, file for EI ... and then I am hoping to have one last relaxing afternoon by the pool ... we'll see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG the Puma outfit is just to die for!!! Can't wait to see Cadence in it! :oD I can't believe you are finally leaving too. I am just so excited for you guys!

Donna Paonessa said...

Beautiful gifts!

I'm headed to the Lantern Festival later today and then a whole day of back-to-school shopping tomorrow...so just in case I don't get a chance before you leave, I wanted to wish you an AWESOME journey!!

Remember to "go with the flow" - keep repeating the phrase, "this too shall pass, this too shall pass" - remember it's NOT a vacation but an adoption journey - it's not about you guys, but ALL about Cadence - be patient with her and GO SLOW - remember where and what she's come from - take in EVERYTHING you can - write it down because you'll forget stuff - even write down the sounds and smells. Ask questions wherever you can - utilize your Guide!!!

Are you planning to update from China? I'll be checking in and living vicariously through you!! It's the most amazing experience - enjoy every second!!! Hopefully I'll be able to get to the airport when you come home too.

GODSPEED!!!!

Anonymous said...

Debbie & Sean,
One more day and then your on your way!!! Katie is still here to help me get one last message to you!
I want to wish you a safe and great journey. I know it will be exciting as well as stressful but stressed spelled backwords spells DESSERT, that's a good thing! I know it will be emotionally exhausting but when they place her in your arms give thanks to God for this great gift. I'm so happy for you and at the same time a basket case with two babies on the way! Definitely a good basket case though! I can hardly wait to hold them in my arms. I pray hard that everything goes well. Tell Cadence that her Baba is anticipating her arrival!
I have your agenda and will be thinking of you every day.
You should be grateful to all of your loving friends for all of their support...I know that I am!
Love Baba