Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tears Were Not Enough!

I hate to harp about the whole 'list' thing ... again ... but it really is my lifeline and today ... everything fell apart, at least that's how it felt. Last week I took out this beautiful spiral journal book, that I'd been saving (with this gorgeous red stilhetto on the cover ... and shoes, well, they're as vital as my lists!). Anyway, I got myself organized ... list of things to get at 3 various places and then a list of what needed to be done each and every day from now til Wednesday. I actually sat in a few rooms to inspire myself as to what exactly needed to be accomplished before the trip. It felt great to have such a firm handle on things and feel really prepared! Well, all that planning went down the drain today! I took my beautiful book and set off on my final 'quests for Cadence'. First stop ... Costco ... where, as usual I got what was on the list AND what wasn't. I piled everything into the truck and set off for Michael's. Just as I pulled into the parking lot ... about 3 minutes away, it hit me ... the book ... I think I might have left it in the cart! I quickly parked and checked the back ... no such luck! Back I go to Costco and wouldn't you know it, for the first time those cart guys are on top of things and have cleared the corral. I went to every desk they sent me and ... nothing had turned up! Who the hell would take someone else's list of things to do? I know they are thorough, but come on ... they don't apply to anyone else! Of course, the book is brand new except for the first 5 pages I filled, which could easily be torn out!
That was the breaking point ... I sat in the parking lot and had a good sob! I know it sounds silly, but I really worked hard to make sure I thought of everything and have felt good that I knew exactly what needed to be done to get me through these next few days! I just feel so STUPID!!
In the interest of cheering myself up, the glass of shiraz my sister in law offered certainly helped! And of course I couldn't forget about my girl so I picked up a little something for her too ...

Well, tomorrow I will sit with my morning coffee and a new book and start anew .....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. The tears are flowing here too!

John & Michelle said...

Glad to know I am not alone with my lists!!! We are with Great Wall and LID 3/8/07. Long wait ahead; fear not I have a fat notebook with a list for hubby, myself and baby Raegan! Also one for Misc that includes meds and snacks!I am gonna attempt to go with one suitcase for each of us!!! Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us!!!

Donna Paonessa said...

OH NO!! I'm a list maker too, so I can totally appreciate how you felt. The tears are understandable - you're one big stress ball right now - you're on an emotional roller coaster and about to become a Mom - the tears will just keep flowing from here on in!!

Anonymous said...

You're doing such an awesome job that I don't think you need a organizer. I'll buy you a new one when we get back!!

Love Sean