Thursday, July 5, 2007

Can't sleep ...

This wouldn't post at 1:30 last night ... Second attempt ..


Well, I spent about 2 hours in bed but I just couldn't get to sleep! I am sitting here with a hot cup of Neo Citron ... that's right ... I'm sick! Isn't that what is supposed to happen when you are trying to enjoy your first week of holidays? My throat feels like it has swallowed glass and my ears ache ... but, despite that, I am still in good spirits!
I decided to check things out in the adoption community while enjoying my 'drink' and realized I have had almost 2000 visitors in one day alone! Nothing like impending referrals and baby pictures to capture everyone's attention huh!? I think it is just great! Following the blogs and listening to the trials and tribulations of waiting parents and returning parents has really been helpful in getting me through this long wait ... thanks! You know I've never really been one to 'journal' and though I haven't 'spilled' my guts completely, I have put a little of myself out there ... it's been good therapy!
And now, as I sit here and reflect, I imagine a little one out there ... who is ours ... and doesn't even know it yet, poor thing. In a few short months three peoples' lives, from opposite ends of the world, will be forever changed. Change is good!

2 comments:

Michael and Tammy said...

Hi

I am one of those people who are living through other peoples blogs and can't wait to see the babies etc... It is a very exciting time and I can't wait!! Congratulations!

P.S. I hope you get well soon!

Tammy
CB group 272

geminirn said...

OH YES CHANGE IS GOOD...VERY VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!
Hope your feeling better soon...ah hell when you see that little cities beautiful little face you won't even remember having a throat..lol