Thursday, July 19, 2007

Making Progress!

Today I have to say I worked hard ... along with my friend Alicia whom I recruited for her artistic abilities.
First off, I want to THANK Di for suggesting I add more colour to the back of the bookshelf ... it was a great idea at the time!
Do you have any idea how much taping was involved in this endeavour, not to mention the odd body configurations I had to
get into in order to paint parts of it? Okay, I will admit, when all was said and done ... I was more than happy with the outcome! See for yourself ...

Then Alicia came by to do the 'embellishment' on the wall ... she is a master!



Last, but not least (and after an inspirational beverage), we completed the canvases. Now I just need to figure out how to get them all in straight lines on the wall!

I'm hoping to have everything in the room and on the walls by the end of next week (except for the velvet ribbon which is on order). You will need to wait until then to see Cadence's room in its completed state. So far I'm pretty stoked!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks awesome..I really cant wait to see more!

Donna Paonessa said...

Now cross your fingers that Cadence will actually want to sleep in that beautiful room. *grin*

Anonymous said...

Book shelf looks great! Nice choice of colours. Anxious to see Cadence's room. Much more anxious to see her!
Louise

Kelley said...

WOWEE!! You are super-creative! I love the bookshelf. Cadence's room is going to be really fabulous! She's going to love it!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so cute! I can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

Christine said...

The room looks great! Have fun finishing the rest. Can' wait to see the finished product!
How exciting!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Great job!! Dianne and I tackled Lucy's old clothes. We organized them by size. There were 12 boxes, two plastic totes and one Pampers box. Hmmm...I guess I don't need to go clothes shopping for Lisa now. LOL!!

geminirn said...

Love everything..can't wait to see the finished product....very exciting.........woohoooooo!!!!!