Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Special Delivery


At approximately 1:15 our referral package arrived via Purolator containing Cadence's photos and documents. We learned that she was found abandoned in the front area of Qianjiang District Stadium, Chongqing City on November 20, 2006. That just breaks my heart. (Who would have guessed at the time she would end up in the arms of one the biggest sports fans I know!) The police were notified, 'handled' her and the 'investigation', then brought her to the social welfare institute. After a few days she was examined at a hospital where she measured 48.2 cm in height and 3.0 kg in weight. He birthdate was estimated to be November 18th based on her development and umbilical cord. She was found with only her worn clothes. My poor little angel!

On a positive note, she is reported to be in a loving home with a regular routine and a sound diet. AND she will be united with us in early September ... that's right ... we have a travel date!!! We leave as two on August 31st and return as a family of three on September 13th!!! We couldn't be more excited!!!

5 comments:

~Kristen said...

Wow... A travel date already!! Thats awesome..

and what wonderful news that she is with a loving family and doing well.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That was super fast for your TA! How exciting. I know you will be hustling and bustling now.

Unknown said...

WOw! That was fast..Looking forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting. I know when I'm going but I don't know who I'm meeting yet. *sigh* Hopefully I will get my referral tomorrow. I'm just pretending Lola is a combination of all the 4 referrals from our group!

Wendy, Deb doesn't have her TA yet. In Canada the system is a little different. We don't have consulate appointments to contend with. Our travel time is not dependant on our Notice of Coming.

Alyson and Ford said...

I know you are excited! Congrats!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06