Sunday, July 29, 2007

Five Weeks to Cadence

In a matter of 5 weeks, Sean and I will instantly become parents ... a joyous and momentous occasion ... for us! For our sweet girl ... a totally different perspective ... almost everything she has come to know will begin to change - her caregivers, her language, her food, her surroundings. Although in time she will come to adjust, this day will be a difficult one for her and I am trying to prepare myself for that. I expect her to grieve ... and hard ... and as much as I am ready for this, it will break my heart that I will not be a source of comfort ... not yet anyway! I know it will come ... in time ... good things come to those who wait ... I know ALL about that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cant wait for that first family photo, I know you are ready!!!

Donna Paonessa said...

Remember guys, signs of grief from Cadence is a GOOD thing - it'll mean she misses an attachment. If she's happy-go-lucky, heck, it'll be easier for you (having gone through that the first time myself...it was nice as a first-time parent!!)....but it'll take more attachment work from you. So, you kinda want to hope for the grief. **grin** Try to hear us in your head..."this too shall pass, this too shall pass".

You'll be fine - instinct will just kick in and your world will never ever be the same.

LaLa said...

Just love her and all will be well. Our daughter wouldn't let me hold her for the first 3 days and cried if hubby was out of sight. Yes, it hurt... I was her Mama...but she soon got past that and it is a Mama's girl now. I was prepared for a lot of things but not her rejecting me... All this to say, she will bond to both of you ...

~Kristen said...

I have no advice.. as I've not had any experience yet.. but I hope that all will happen as it's supposed to and that your love for her will help her through the hard and scary moments.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe it is now a matter of weeks. It's been two and a half (almost three and a half for you) since we got our referrals. That went by pretty quick. Soon we'll all be on a plane, then in China, then on the patio of our hotel in Chongqing overlooking the Yangtze river. One last toast before Gotcha Day. I can't wait!!