Wednesday, July 25, 2007


A human resource representative from our employer called today to let Sean know that his request for a paid leave has been granted ... phew! We were pretty sure they would, but ... until we had confirmation, we had to be prepared to lose 2 weeks of pay, in addition to my piddly UI benefits ... which, by the way, I am grateful for! I know many of our southern neighbours would 'kill' for our parental leave benefits here in Canada. Our employer also informed Sean that they were working on my leave and I should have some 'paperwork' in a few days. As an adoptive parent, my granted leave under the employment standards is 37 weeks which means I will be due to return to work sometime in May. I've already put Cadence on a wait list for the daycare at my school for September 2008, but I will need to find care from mid May to the end of June ... guess I better add that to my list!

4 comments:

~Kristen said...

That is awesome.. I am quite jealous!!! But all the same, YAY!!

~Kristen said...

ps.. check your email

Sarah said...

Jealous here too! I took FMLA leave and had 12 weeks off with just 6 weeks of it paid. How wonderful for Cadence to have that time with her mommy home!!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Anonymous said...

That's great! It's like jumping over one hurdle after another. You are getting so much closer!